Has this week gotten away from you? I know it’s been a crazy one for me. After starting the year off with a bang, now is the time that momentum can slow down and your motivation may dwindle a bit. Don’t worry–that’s normal. Take a break, a day off if you need it, and get back on that horse!
Now, back to business. Valentine’s Day is TOMORROW!! Don’t worry. If you haven’t had time to get a gift, you can still pull this off. Here are some gift ideas that can be put together quickly, but will still mean a lot. Don’t you dare rush to the drug store and get that pink bear holding a heart. No no no. Bad idea. Try one of these instead:
1. Pampering Gift Certificates
You can’t go wrong with a gift that will pamper. If your Valentine already frequents a salon/spa, then half of your work is done. You already know they like the services there, so give the salon/spa a call and see what the costs are to add on a service (or two) and get the gift card for that amount.
2. A Love Letter
Such a simple idea, yet it takes some effort to create. Just write from your heart. If you have trouble getting started, think about what you would say to the person if you knew it was the last time you would ever speak. Heavy stuff, I know, but it does the trick. Sometimes we assume the person in our life knows how we feel—but everyone appreciates really being told these things every once in a while.
Ladies—a quick tip—when writing a love letter to the man in your life, remember that to a man, respect is the same as love. Telling a man you respect him and appreciate all the things he does, means more to him than just saying “I love you.”
Men—women want to know you appreciate all of the things they do as well, and saying something like: “You take such good care of me and I love you more every day,” will most likely cause a tear of happiness.
Still having trouble finding the words? I found this book recently and I love the suggestions it has. Even if I don’t quote it word-for-word, it will be great for inspiration:
3. Basket of His/Her Favorite Treats
You can buy a gift basket that is already made for you, and that is fine, but if you want to really take your gift up a notch, put together a basket of his/her favorite treats. It will show how well you know the person and will show that you took the time and made the effort to think of each item. Here are some ideas:
- Candy—everyone has their favorite guilty pleasure candy
- Liquor/Coffee/Tea–His favorite bourbon or her favorite wine…or favorite coffee/tea (you get the idea)
- A Glass or Mug for the beverage above-Everytime he drinks from that glass, he’ll think of you
- Tickets to a Movie–Whether you frequently see movies or it’s been a while, either way, you are saying: “I want to spend time with you.”
- Gift Certificate to a spa–always a winner (ladies-get your man a back treatment or a massage)
- Gift Certificate to his favorite local restaurant (Nashville peeps–get yours here)
- Fuzzy Socks or Slippers–everyone can use them, but we rarely buy them for ourself
- A Nice Robe–replace that old ratty robe with a thick, luxurious, soft robe
- Something sparkly (for men, get him a new belt or wallet, or a leather cuff) (your special lady would love a custom piece of jewelry like this one)
- A Framed Picture of the two of you
Now Go Get that Gift!
At the end of the day, the point is to show the people close to you that you care about them. Whether you think Valentine’s Day is a big deal or not, chances are your special someone would love it if you showed some effort to let him know you care. Remember, it’s the genuine thought and intent of the gift that counts. No need to stress and make a big production. Keep it simple and stay true to yourself and you can’t go wrong.
I hope you have a wonderful Valentine’s Day! xoxoxoxoxo